Leslie Block Kaye
J.D., 1971 University of Denver College of Law
B.A., 1967, Mills College, Oakland, CA
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut
- United States District Court, District of Arizona
- Hogan Morgenthau Association of New York
- Honorary Member Retired Detectives Association New York
- Colorado Bar Foundation
- Colorado Bar Association
- Arizona Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Trust & Estate Section of the Denver Bar Association
- Directors Society, Denver Center Theatre Company
- Curious Theatre Patron
- Former Docent, Denver Art Museum
- Former Chairperson (8 year appointment by Chief Justice) Colorado Public Defenders Commission.
LESLIE BLOCK KAYE
Leslie joined Hutchins & Associates in 2005 to provide litigation services to the firm as well as general litigation and transactional work for the firms clients. Leslie focuses her practice on litigation services in the field of Wills, Trusts and Estates, and general Probate. She represents numerous corporate trustees and individual trustees. Given her extensive experience in both civil and criminal litigation, in State and Federal court, in Colorado, New York and Arizona, Leslie is able to provide the firm’s clients with a variety of legal services.
Leslie began her career in 1974 as a prosecutor in the Office of the New York County District Attorney. During the last three years of her public service, Leslie was assigned to the Office of the Special Narcotics Prosecutor for New York City where she specialized in wire-tap cases.
In 1979, Leslie joined a New York City law firm where her practice consisted of the defense of product liability and general tort litigation for Fortune 500 companies. In 1983, she opened her own law firm in Manhattan: Leslie Lynne Block & Associates. Leslie managed this successful law practice while continuing to focus on both civil and criminal litigation.
In 1988, Leslie (who had property in Tucson, AZ with her husband, Richard Kaye) passed the Arizona bar. She moved with her husband to Denver where she became a partner in the litigation firm of Dill, Dill, Carr, Stonbraker & Hutchings, P.C. in Denver. Leslie continued to litigate in both the civil and criminal courts and to mediate and arbitrate disputes in all areas of the law.
Upon the death of her husband, Leslie was appointed the Personal Representative of his Estate, a complex two year process which permitted her to experience probate administration from the client’s viewpoint. Leslie has served clients as personal representative and trustee. Leslie’s competence in probate and general litigation rest on over 39 years of experience in civil and criminal litigation, a competence that permits Hutchins & Associates LLC to offer highly experienced litigation services in a variety of areas to its estate planning clientele.
- Litigation services, specializing in probate, trust administration, and general litigation services to firm client.
Leslie collects, buys and sells fine art. She travels the globe in search of art and art museums. She also completed training as a docent for the Denver Art Museum. Her website, lesliekaye.net may be visited to view the latest collection.
Leslie is also a patron of live theatre in Denver. She founded and funded the program at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts to provide $10 rush tickets to students to attend performances at the Denver Center Theatre Company.